During the month of August, we will be performing scoliosis screens AND providing information on backpack safety FREE OF CHARGE. This program was developed by the South Dakota Chiropractic Association and Natural Arts Chiropractic is happy to be a part of this very important public service.
Did you know?
- 1 in 10 people have some form of scoliosis
- Approximately 2-5% of children b/t the ages of 10 and 15 have scoliosis
- In most children, a scoliotic spine does NOT cause any pain
- Screenings catch scoliotic curves when children are young and still growing, which allows more time to and slow the progression of the curve, which can lead to degeneration of joints and pain later in life.
- Backpacks should be no more than 10 % of the child's body weight.
If you have a child or know of someone who would like to take advantage of this program, please have them contact our office at 373-9090 to schedule a time for their screening. The entire process will take less than 10 minutes.
Dr. Tracy & Dr. Tricia